Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day Three: Oh Dear

Oh boy.  Don't even look at me.  I'm so embarrassed.  That's a lie.  I'm not embarrassed as much as I'm a little bit disappointed in myself.  I made some bad decisions last night.  I take full ownership of my decisions; I made them on my own free will.  Nobody forced me to eat two bowls of cereal AFTER dinner.  And certainly nobody jammed the extra five tootsie rolls down my throat with a Sweet and Salty Nature Valley bar chaser.  I did it.  I own it.  I accept it.  I refuse to bring my past into my present and thus creating a pattern for my future.  Today is a new day, even if it is filled with a massive case of the "B.G.s" or Bubble Guts.  See, told you I was embarrassed.

Anyways, today is another day.  I plan on rolling with the punches and attracting positive energy into my life.  I attract positivity into my life.  I am a positivity magnet!

I am co-planning a fund raiser with my Student Council members and the High School basketball team.  It's been a lot of fun getting to work with these students on a different level.  They're all good kids and I appreciate all the efforts that they put into these projects.  Last night I asked them to attend a Community Meeting.  There was a lot of good information, but took a lot longer than I had anticipated.  Not all of the topics were things that the kids found interesting, nor should they have.  Budgets for the radio station is not high on their list of priorities.  But they were troopers none the less.  I feel as though the few slices of pizza and cans of Coke I bribed them with were not sufficient for their time, but there's always next time.

 

Dear God,

Thank you for this day.  There are so many things to be thankful for: my loving husband, my home, my job, my supportive family, and wonderful friends.  Today I would like to thank you for my students.  Despite times of struggle to understand them, to have them understand me, they are a good group of kids.  They like to be challenged even if they don't know that they do.  They challenge me to be a better person.  They challenge me to look at this in a different way.  For the things they teach me, I am truly grateful.

Today I ask for you to make me better than yesterday.  Give me the gifts to be able to be more compassionate, more loving, more empathetic to others.  Please help me to forgive those who are difficult to forgive.  What I find difficult to forgive in them, I find difficult to forgive in myself.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment