I've attempted to seek the answer to this question in many different places, but haven't found myself any closer to satisfied than if I hadn't bothered at all. So today, I declare myself adequate enough to answer this for myself.
My purpose is to be the best version of myself that I was created to be. In a nutshell.
In an effort to help myself be the best version of myself that I was created to be, I have decided to start this blog. The purpose of this blog is to document my efforts and their results.
- It may not seem like it's an "effort," but because it's something that will help me/challenge me to be a better version of myself, today I have decided to hunker down for the day. I usually go into town and workout at the school, burning an adequate amount of calories. I have decided not to do this today for two reasons:
- It will challenge me to focus on my healthy eating habits. I have noticed that I have been eating more than what my body needs, simply because it's there or I'm bored. A whole day at home will let me enjoy the quiet.
- The wind has been blowing like crazy all night and I'm frankly not looking forward to going out in that.
- I have planned out my meals and feel really confident in my abilities to keep true to the menu.
- Emailing my MIL. I made a New Year's Resolution to email her more. I feel that it's important for my husband to call her so that relationship is maintained, but a few emails a week from her DIL is just what our relationship needs.
- Setting up this blog.
- Investigating the new Windsor Pilate's program - I miss my pilates, I have to admit.
Thank you for today and the possibilities that it will bring. I thank you for a warm house to shelter me from this blustery weather. I ask for you to help make me a stronger, more loving, and healthier person today than I was yesterday. You have given me the tools to improve myself, this blog and friends to inspire me. Today is a day focused on rejuvenation and reflection to make ourselves prepared for the new week. I ask for you to guide me so that I can take full advantage of this opportunity. I also ask you to help keep me focused on my goal of healthy eating. You are what I need to nurture, comfort, and sustain me; not empty calories.
Please fill me with light and love; cast out the darkness. I put my troubles on your altar to be forever altered.