Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day One: Setting My Purpose

What is my purpose?  Isn't that the question that we ask ourselves whenever we're unsure of ourselves.  But who are we supposed to ask?  Surely there is someone in charge that can provide some guidance.

I've attempted to seek the answer to this question in many different places, but haven't found myself any closer to satisfied than if I hadn't bothered at all.  So today, I declare myself adequate enough to answer this for myself.

My purpose is to be the best version of myself that I was created to be.  In a nutshell.

In an effort to help myself be the best version of myself that I was created to be, I have decided to start this blog.  The purpose of this blog is to document my efforts and their results.


TODAY'S EFFORTS
  1. It may not seem like it's an "effort," but because it's something that will help me/challenge me to be a better version of myself, today I have decided to hunker down for the day.  I usually go into town and workout at the school, burning an adequate amount of calories.  I have decided not to do this today for two reasons:
    1. It will challenge me to focus on my healthy eating habits.  I have noticed that I have been eating more than what my body needs, simply because it's there or I'm bored.  A whole day at home will let me enjoy the quiet.
    2. The wind has been blowing like crazy all night and I'm frankly not looking forward to going out in that.
  2. I have planned out my meals and feel really confident in my abilities to keep true to the menu.  
  3. Emailing my MIL.  I made a New Year's Resolution to email her more.  I feel that it's important for my husband to call her so that relationship is maintained, but a few emails a week from her DIL is just what our relationship needs.
  4. Setting up this blog.
  5. Investigating the new Windsor Pilate's program - I miss my pilates, I have to admit.  


Daily Prayer:

Dear God,
Thank you for today and the possibilities that it will bring.  I thank you for a warm house to shelter me from this blustery weather.  I ask for you to help make me a stronger, more loving, and healthier person today than I was yesterday.  You have given me the tools to improve myself, this blog and friends to inspire me.  Today is a day focused on rejuvenation and reflection to make ourselves prepared for the new week.  I ask for you to guide me so that I can take full advantage of this opportunity.  I also ask you to help keep me focused on my goal of healthy eating.  You are what I need to nurture, comfort, and sustain me; not empty calories.

Please fill me with light and love; cast out the darkness.  I put my troubles on your altar to be forever altered.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment